Thursday, June 24, 2010

All Things Bright and Beautiful


All the Things Bright and Beautiful

-Cecil Frances Alexander


All the things Bright and Beautiful,

All creatures great and small,

All things wise and wonderful

The Lord God made them all


Each little flowers that open

Each little bird that sings

He made their glowing colors

He made their tiny wings


The purple headed mountain

The river running by

The sunset, and the morning

That brightens up the sky


The cold wind in the winter

The pleasant summer sun

The ripe fruits in the garden

He made them everyone


He gave us eyes to see them

And lips that we might tell

How great is God Almighty

Who has made all things well



I love this poem so much. The first time I heard it was when I was younger at Sunday school. I understand that not everyone will understand this poem or believe in this poem, but I really enjoy it. Everytime I read it I visualize what it is saying and this poem just makes everything in the world so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment